I'm slightly obsessed with creating carrot recipes that get people excited about eating them. I still remember being served steamed carrots in school, thinking that it was the worst possible dish in the entire universe.
Today I tend to munch on raw carrots all day - and I sincerely believe they are one of the tastiest vegetables when roasted properly in the oven.
1 red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 handful of fresh rosemary
3 tsp sea salt flakes
- Cut the whole carrots into sticks and place them on a baking tin covered with parchment paper
- Peel and chop the onion into long pieces and place them onto the baking tin
- Pour olive oil on top of the carrot sticks and the onion and sprinkle one teaspoon sea salt flakes on top of it all
- Bake in 200C for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, rip the rosemary off the stems (throw away the stems) and sprinkle the rosemary on top of the carrots. Bake another 10 minutes and serve immediately